The attorneys and staff of Moore and Rutt wish to thank all those who have cooperated with us as we have balanced our clients’ needs to carry on their business and legal needs while maintaining safe social distancing during this difficult and stressful time.
We are conducting many of our traditional conferences, whether for estate planning issues, real estate or litigation issues, as teleconferences in order to minimize social contact. If you need a consultation on any legal need you can call our office to schedule a teleconference.
When teleconferences are not sufficient, i.e., will and trust, or deed and mortgage signings, strict guidelines are in place to maintain social distancing and to minimize the spread of any germs or viruses such as having clients bring their own pens to signings. Those guidelines are being sent to our clients prior to every in-office visit and are available on our website.
As we strive to operate within these strict guidelines we encourage all our friends, families, and clients to be safe. Also, we encourage all to thank those who put themselves in harms way each and every day for our protection. We are thankful for all the first responders and those who continue on the front lines to provide necessary services.
NOTICE REGARDING FACE TO FACE, IN PERSON APPOINTMENTS DURING COVID-19 OUTBREAK
Preventing Exposure to and Spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Moore & Rutt, P.A. is committed to doing its part to protect the health and safety of our clients, employees, and communities during the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. To that end, we ask that, when possible, only essential parties to the face to face, in person appointment attend the appointment and that everyone attending the appointment adhere to the following guidelines:
Prior to the face to face, in person appointment, we ask that everyone attending consider the following questions:
1. Have you or anyone in your household had any cold or flu-like symptoms, such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath, within the last 14 days?
2. Have you or anyone in your household been in contact with anyone diagnosed with or suspected of having COVID-19 within the last 14 days?
3. Do you have any reason to believe that you may have been exposed to COVID-19 while you were traveling domestically within the last 14 days?
4. Are you at higher risk for serious illness from COVID-19 (for more information visit: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/specific-groups/high-risk-complications.html)?
5. Have you traveled internationally or on a cruise within the past 60 days?
If the answer is YES to ANY ONE of these questions, please contact our office for details about how we can help with the coordination of your face to face, in person appointment.
At the face to face, in person appointment, we ask that everyone use good hygiene and other preventative measures to prevent potential spread of germs. We recommend that you:
· Follow prevention and preparation guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which are available at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/prevention.html.
· Do not shake hands.
· Bring your own pens or request a new pen to sign documents. Do not share pens.
· Wash your hands before and after the appointment with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
· If soap and running water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub that contains at least 60% alcohol.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
· Avoiding close contact.
If you have any other questions or concerns about the face to face, in person appointment, please contact our office to discuss.
Moore & Rutt, P.A. was founded in 1990 by J. Everett Moore, Jr. and David N. Rutt in Georgetown, Delaware. The firm now has seven attorneys, three offices, and a strong support staff. Representation is provided to clients statewide in all areas of law practiced by the firm. All attorneys participate in community and bar association activities that positively impact the public and the practice of law.